Armenia has not abandoned its aggressive policy towards Azerbaijan and continues to make unfounded accusations against our country, which is proved by the following facts, Report informs quoting Shafiyev.
“1. Armenia occupied Azerbaijani lands in 1993-2020, and this fact was confirmed by the European Court of Human Rights in 2015.
2. This country still controls seven villages in the Gazakh region of Azerbaijan.
3. There is a clause in the Constitution of Armenia referring to the decision of the parliament of this country of December 1, 1989 on the unification of Nagorno-Karabakh with Armenia.
4. This country has not yet recognized Karabakh as part of Azerbaijan.
5. Until recently, the Armenian side admitted that its troops are still on the territory of Azerbaijan, or rather in the Karabakh region.
6. The cultural heritage of Azerbaijan was razed to the ground in Armenia and destroyed en masse in Karabakh.
Thus, we see a picture that is directly opposite to N. Pashinyan’s accusations. His accusations against Azerbaijan will not bring peace and stability to the region. Let international experts now say which side used power diplomacy more.
There is no alternative but to stop making inappropriate propaganda, complain to American and European politicians, and start discussing differences on the basis of mutual respect. Decisions should be made by the countries of the region – Azerbaijan, Armenia and Georgia. This is the only way.”