Of the total volume of exported natural gas:
- Italy accounted for 733.8 million m3 worth $150.7 million
- Some 127.8 million m3 of natural gas worth $32.7 million were exported to Greece
- 91.9 million m3 worth $12.1 million to Bulgaria.
- Turkey accounted for 5.1 billion m3 of the total volume of exported natural gas, worth $708.3 million
- Moreover, 1.7 billion m3 of natural gas worth $227.4 million were exported to Georgia
It should be noted that during the reported period, Azerbaijan exported a total of 7.8 billion m3 of natural gas worth $1.1 billion.
Azerbaijan started commercial gas supplies to Europe through the Trans-Adriatic Pipeline on December 31, 2020.
Azerbaijan’s Energy Minister Parviz Shahbazov has said that the Trans-Adriatic Pipeline, as another energy link connecting Azerbaijan with Europe, will strengthen Azerbaijan’s strategic role in energy security, cooperation and sustainable development.
The route from Azerbaijan to Europe consists of the South Caucasus Pipeline, the Trans-Anatolian Pipeline (TANAP) and the Trans-Adriatic Pipeline.