There is plenty of unused potential in our trade relations and we hope to diversify and increase our bilateral trade further with Azerbaijan, she said.
- As Finland is one of the greenest countries in the world, we are in a perfect position to drive sustainable development globally
- For Finland, a circular bioeconomy is a tool for achieving sustainable development, combatting climate change, saving natural resources, and improving the state of the environment, all while generating economic growth and jobs
- Green, Smart and Sustainable reconstruction of Azerbaijan’s economy could open opportunities for cooperation and trade
Finland is also pleased about a Twinning project led by the Finnish Meteorological Institute developing the Environmental Monitoring System in Azerbaijan.
- This joint project enables us to develop bilateral relations in environmental and cleantech sectors
- Finnish experts would be interested in participating in further Twinning projects
- In the future, we would also like to see further use of the EU’s TAIEX instrument to conduct short-term technical assistance visits between Finland and Azerbaijan
In Finland renewable energy sources represent about 40% of energy end-consumption.
The most important forms of renewable energy used in Finland are bioenergy, fuels from forest industry side streams and other wood-based fuels in particular, hydropower, wind power and ground heat.